Thursday, August 14, 2008

Last day at ExxonMobil

Tomorrow is my last day working at ExxonMobil. It has been a great experience to work there and I have made many friends. Although the company is often portrayed as evil big oil, I have found that most of the people that work their are really good people and incredibly competent researchers and engineers. Part of who I am will always be defined by the culture the company instilled in me.

I am moving on to work at a consulting company called Pariveda solutions. They solely do IT related work so it is more in my field than ExxonMobil was and I am looking forward to working closer to the revenue stream of my employer. Sometimes at ExxonMobil it was difficult to translate our efforts in software development to an impact on the bottom line. I am also looking forward to working in a smaller company atmosphere. Finally, it appears the new job will also allow me to leverage some of the skills I picked up while earning my MBA from the McCombs School of Business at University of Texas that I just finished up.

Anyway, to any of my friends at ExxonMobil who wander on to the blog - thanks for the good times. The next few months should be interesting for the family. We are taking some time off to visit friends and family and then the new job begins!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Have fun on your long trip guys!

Kate Chartrand said...

Good luck with your new job Matt! The Exxon parties won't be the same without you guys.