Thursday, March 19, 2009

Key West, Florida

This quick afternoon stop on the cruise was beautiful. We just strolled the streets, window shopped, and enjoyed the sunny weather and scenery.
A few treasures we found along the way . . .

Boa Constrictor Man - so named not only because of his snake,
but also the enormity of his biceps.

It's great having a grandma who's a biologist.

The boa was cool, but Danny preferred this cool treat -
frozen key lime pie dipped in chocolate. YUM!
After aimlessy wandering we were happy to make it all the way across the island to the southern most point of the continental USA. Hawaii is farther south, but otherwise this is it. While I consider living in TX living in the south, now I can say I've been to the true "deep south" of the United States.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Why am I not surprised to see a giant snake draper over your mom's shoulders? :o)

Becky said...

Aw Leslie beat me to the snake and your mom comment! But I agree, pretty cool grandma for a little boy to have. I'm glad you had a good time on your trip.

Abbie said...

Matt, so glad to have found you after what, 9 years? Has it really been that long? My gosh. Anyway, your son is adorable!! Where did he get such blond hair and hardly any Asian features?