Thursday, September 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Danny, Kaylee, and I had a wonderful trip to my home in Richland the first week in September. We then met up with Matt at his home in Idaho. Now, after almost 3 weeks of travel we are back home in Texas. It's wonderful to have 3 places that feel like home! I'll be posting different trip adventures in several blogs, but here's a start.

I was really nervous about flying solo with Danny & Kaylee. The flights themselves didn't worry me nearly as much as juggling all of the paraphernalia through security and then between flights in Denver. What a blessing that Danny was cheerful and cooperative, Kaylee slept the entire first flight, and there were no delays or kinks(Matt on the other hand got stuck in Denver overnight! Glad that wasn't me and the kids). Here are Danny and a strollered up Kaylee at the Houston airport (in case the TX flag wasn't a give away).


Richland was LOADS of fun! I forgot how much I love soft, fire ant free grass and air that lacks humidity. Grandma and Grandpa's backyard was so much fun for Danny. He played outside hours every day.

Super Man Swing with Grandpa


Bocce Ball with Uncle Aaron

"Gardening" with Grandma
And of course there was also some dog agility.

One afternoon we went to the splash park. I'm not sure who had more fun - Danny running and eating a snow cone or Grandpa playing hookie from work to spend the day with us. :)
There was also fun to be had inside playing legos, drawing, chasing Joy, reading books, watching the aquarium (and adding a new fish named Dory), coloring, playing instruments, and playing games. Generally there is nonstop fun and attention for Danny. What a lucky guy!
One evening Grandpa treated us to a Tri-Cities Dust Devils game. Not quite the same as an Astros game, but lots of fun. Danny enjoyed the Cracker Jacks and trying to hit the whiffle ball. Kaylee enjoyed being held by Grandpa.
A highlight of the Richland visit for me was a kid-free date with each parent. A movie with Dad (Julie & Julia - very cute) and shopping with Mom (lovely new black pants, shirt, and jacket). What a treat. I was also able to get together with some high school friends that I hadn't seen in years. We had a great time catching up and reminiscing. We ate hot fudge sundaes and laughed a lot! It was so fun to see you Lucas, Shanelle, Chris, and Shawnee!!

Thanks for a wonderful trip to Richland Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Warnick Family said...

I am so glad that you had a good time!! I am still anxious to see your little Kaylee! Any more business trips to Dallas scheduled in the near future? :)

Jenna said...

Looks like a great trip! I'm so glad traveling went well. I flew once without Kevin when my kids were the same age as your kids are now...let's just say I haven't done it again. lol