Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Thoughts on Shopping

I just love online shopping. It is so much easier in so many ways. More choices from the comfort of your own home. The kids are asleep rather than trying to jump out of the shopping cart. The "shopping trip" takes as long as I want it to. Nobody is pestering me to go down the LEGO Star Wars aisle for the umpteenth time slowing down the whole excursion. Nor is there anyone cutting the trip short with overtired screaming. If a certain website doesn't have what I want, I don't have to reload the kids in the car, drive somewhere new, and unload them again. I just try a new site. Needing a specific gift for a hard to shop for person? Type in a few words and bam - hundreds of gifts that are perfect for them. I suppose this is the one downside of online shopping. Sometimes there are too many choices. But with free super saver shipping, online discounts, & no store hassle . . . I am sold forever. Thank you Craigslist, for helping me save $. Barnes & Noble - ordering online with a gift card & free shipping. Kudos to you. Personalized gifts throughSnapfish. Priceless. And Amazon.com. I heart you.

And when ordering online isn't an option, a big shout out to the little guys. Tonight I had a miserable trip to Michael's in search of a very specific type of scrapbook. What I found instead were lines of people, crowded aisles, mediocre help (we might have that . . . just look around in this area), and too many interesting toys causing Danny to dawdle (since when does a craft store have toys anyway?). So, I used my handy dandy Droid, typed in a search for scrapbook and found Paper Zone, a little local store. A phone call and quick 5 minute drive later, I had my perfect scrapbook in hand. The store had several other things I'd been looking for as well and the customer service was GREAT! We made it in and out in 10 minutes and I had everything I needed to finish a few Christmas projects. Hooray for Paper Zone. Hooray for the little guys who still do it right.

8 comments:

Heather said...

What are you getting Kaylee? I'm stumped about what to give Annie.

Mattamorphasis said...

And Hooray for Droids!!!!!

M said...

I love online shopping. For the past few years, Jeremy and I have done 99% of our Christmas shopping online. It's been great.

Carrie said...

Heather - good thing Kaylee can't read. :) We got her some Gymboree bubbles which are amazing. They don't pop for a long time and they have a blower that is easier for her. A doll stroller, which she's more likely to load up with her brothers weapons and action figures than dolls, but she loves to put things in and push things. I've been scouting Craig's List to get an inside climbing toy or slide since she's such a climber, but I don't know if that will work out b/c I can't find a price I like. Hope those ideas help. It's harder for you since you already have 2 older sisters. The bubbles are really awesome though.

Amy said...

I totally agree! Online shopping rocks!!

KWit said...

I'm with you with the easiness of online...only downfall is I find that I spend a little more because of the GREAT deals that I find...oops!!
We got your card and Mitchel asked me... "Mom can you please, please, please find Danny for me!" YES we are ALL missing you guys SO MUCH!

j said...

Hello guys, we are sending out xmas cards and we need your new address. We just have the old one when you gus were in Spring, TX.
Send us your mail address to
juliafisio@gmail.com
Thank you

Emilia and Ryan Jensen

Sean said...

I knew we were best friends separated.

Online shopping = <3

Technology has changed the shopping world (and thank goodness). I get all my scary shoes (like the bright blue ones) online. 3 cheers for online shopping.

(Although sometimes I like going out to the mall for some pretend shopping if I have a new outfit to wear)