Monday, June 11, 2012

Don't like change . . .

Matt and I were going over our summer plans last night.  We are thrilled to have lots of visitors and trips all summer long.  I'm pretty sure we should start charging room and board for all our guests.  For the past 4 weekends we've had 4 different sets of guests.  I can hardly keep up! 

Truly, life seems to have picked up pace drastically the last several months.  I couldn't pin point why or how, but it feels like we've been racing all over the place.  I swear we just celebrated Easter and now we're only a few weeks away from the 4th of July.  Didn't May just start?  Aaagh!  Maybe it's because Danny just graduated from preschool.  Or because Kaylee is talking so fluently and wearing panties consistently enough that we can't call her a baby anymore (she is almost 3 after all).  Maybe it's because Daisy, the beagle puppy we got shortly after being married, was called an elderly dog by the vet at her last visit.  It all boils down to this, LIFE IS MOVING TOO FAST! 

So I depend on little consistencies to keep me sane.  That is why, when I got on blogger about a month ago to post on our recent trip, I was furious that they had changed things around.  Can't I just have one thing that stays the same without constantly changing and evolving and growing up (OK, so I'm talking about the kids again).  But c'mon blogger.  I needed you to be the same.  In rebellion, I just haven't posted in ages.  Turns out the change is not that drastic.  Also turns out there aren't enough blog readers to mind that there haven't been new posts.  But, I've missed the writing release, so hopefully this is the beginning of a return to blogging.   

6 comments:

Becky said...

I've missed you Carrie, though I'm not a very consistant blogger either :) Life does move rapidly which is part of the reason I always feel like I am 10 posts behind! Glad you've been keeping busy and having fun. Maybe someday we'll need to "rent" a room or two. I'd love to come and visit. Have fun this summer.

Terri said...

I still read blogs :) I've been a slacker too.

Jana said...

glad you are back! :)

Matt said...

All Right! A blog post from the most amazing blogger on the Interweb!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is my favorite!! - Rex

LaRue said...

I think I am guilty of just using Facebook to see what's going on so I haven't checked your blog lately. But I did check today to see pics of kaylees birthday!No pressure though.