Saturday, September 13, 2008

2:21 AM. It's getting a little scary

The winds have picked up and the rain has started. We are all safe and the house seems very secure. However it is unnerving being in the middle of this storm and knowing that we have several hours of this left. I am sure that we will lose power as more than 1 million folks in the area have already lost power. It seems a miracle that we still have power at this point. Galveston is being devastated by the storm surge and regardless of what happens up here our community has quite a clean up ahead of it. We are being careful and staying safe. Danny is sleeping right through all of it.

2 comments:

LaRue said...

Bless little Danny! I was having a hurricane in my dream, so I thought I'd better get up and see how you are doing. I am praying that you will be blessed with a feeling of calm and peace. Love Mom

Heather said...

I'm sure glad Danny is sleeping. I can't imagine how scary that would be as a child, not really understanding. How scary for you, with the understanding and responsibility. WE'll keep you in our prayers.