Thursday, September 11, 2008

IKE

Matt and I returned from our marathon trip to the Northwest just in time for Hurricane Ike. We thought, having missed Hurricane Gustav, that we were good to go. Guess we were wrong. After our experience with Rita a few years ago (see earlier 2005 blogs), we decided this time we'd just bunker down and stay. We do not live in a flood zone, nor have local officials recommended evacuation for people who live as far north as we do. We have plenty of water, food storage, batteries, and flashlights to get us through the weekend. Also, our gas tanks are full, so we are prepared to evacuate if something drastic changes. We'll keep you posted via blog.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Thank you for the blog. I'll be checking it often. It brings me great peace of mind to know that you are so well prepared. I keep thinking of the fun trip that Matt and I had to Galvaston. I remember the road up to the bay and the fun shops and historic city. It is sad to think of how much damage there could be. I and all my friends and your family here in Idaho are praying for your saftey and for Anne and her family also and all your neighbors and friends--all of Texas. Be safe, Love, Mom For some reason this comment is posting as Matt. Sorry, It really is me.

Lyndsay said...

We're praying for your family as well. Glad you are so well prepared, you're a great example to the rest of us!!

Lyndsay