Sunday, September 14, 2008

We are safe and are staying in Dallas

We will be here until Wednesday. I was supposed to get up here to start my new job tomorrow anyway. I had not planned on Carrie and Danny coming but since our home was still without power they are here with me. The storm was scary. The winds were intense and several trees are downed in our neighborhood. Our home escaped with only very minor water damage and a broken exterior light. Hopefully power will be back up before we get home on Wednesday. Our hotel here in Dallas is very pleasant. There is a park across the street and a pool for Danny to play in!

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad that all of the Hongs and the Billings are safe in Dallas. It is a blessing that all of you have made it through Ike safe and sound and with your homes intact. I am sure you have a long few weeks ahead as power must be restored and cleanup must take place. But these adventures are what brings family closer together. We love you all, Dad Couch

Leslie said...

I was up with the baby at 4 in morning watching the storm on the TV and thinking about you. I am glad that you are safe and sound.

Lyndsay said...

We're so glad you are all doing well and your home is safe & secure. What a blessing.

Lyndsay