Friday, January 30, 2009

Definitely Pregnant

A couple weekends ago Matt and I went to Austin to celebrate our friends soon-to-arrive baby girl. Jenny and I had fun at her baby shower while Mark, Matt, and Danny did guy stuff. We had scrumptious salads, cupcakes, and soups while they ate wings and meat. The girls oohed and aahed over pink and purple wrapping paper and fun shower gifts. The boys splashed and laughed holding Danny over fountains. I forgot to take more shower pictures, but had to be sure to get one of Jenny and I. We have lots of high school pictures together, and now we're still great friends so many years later.
The first shot is pretty fun and I thought, "Wow, I don't look pregnant at all!" Jenny is about 36 weeks pregnant in these shots, so she's supposed to look super cute & pregnant.But then we turned sideways. "Woah! I'm definitely pregnant!" I feel like I'm looking so much more pregnant at 18 weeks than I did with Danny, but I hear that's typical. Or maybe I just better cut back on the nightly 9 PM ice cream . . .

10 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats, Carrie! I didn't know you were expecting! How exciting!!!

Terri said...

I think you look great!

Kristen said...

You both look so cute. Congrats.

Heather said...

I love pregnant pictures where I don't look pregnant! I think I might have taken one of those. Once. With my first pregnancy. Now I'm showing quite a bit more than the other women my stage in my ward. Oh well. I'm so excited for you guys to have another little baby! Good luck with everything.

j said...

Oh, we are so excited for you guys!!!! From THE JENSENS : )

Jenna said...

You look great! Enjoy your second trimester :) It's the best!

Leslie said...

You both look cute and pregnant. Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well.

Amy said...

Very fun!!!

erita said...

you and jenny both look so cute!!!

congrats to you both :)

alex said...

Shawnee here--

I didn't realize you were pregnant. what a friend I am! Congratulations!! When are you due? I am so excited for you! And Jenny too? Wow, this is so great!