Thursday, June 04, 2009

Nursery Paint

After many, many hours and help from many people, baby sister's nursery is finished. Well, the painting is finished - there's still some details, but I'm content with the paint job. Truthfully, I'm still in a bit of shock that I was able to paint a room pink, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Step One: Touch up nail holes, spray texture, tape, and strip down to your underwear. (Sorry to disappoint those of you expecting a prego shot of me in my undies. I don't think so! And don't worry, I kept my paint clothes on.)

Step Two: Begin painting using scribbly brush strokes.
Step Three: Cover all the scribbly paint strokes using a roller.
Step Four: Finish painting a light, light pink.

Step Five: Paint a border in an even lighter pink.
Step Six: Find a great friend who will drive all the way from Austin to support your crazy ideas and help you paint a green vine (THANKS JENNY!!!).
Step Seven: Hand paint flowers on the vine to match the bedding.

Step Eight: Find a sister to take care of your son so you can finish the insane painting project you tackled. (THANKS ANNE!!!)
Step Nine: Put the bedding in the crib, breathe a sigh of relief, smile at a cute girlie nursery, and take a nap!

14 comments:

LaRue said...

Oh Carrie! You are so over the top! What a lucky little girl. You did a great job. Love you, Mom Hong
Good job Danny! I'm sure Matt was somewhere whinning about the whole deal.

Kelli said...

THAT IS AWESOME! So super cute! I can not believe you guys hand painted all those flowers! Oh wait it's you so yes I can! I'm way impressed! The bedding and everything is just adorable! Love the half naked little helpers too! So cute!

Benjamin Swanson said...

i love it.

Amy said...

I love it. Breaking out the pink paint is way fun. We just did a BRIGHT pink wall in Syd's new room. Baby steps...:)

Cassy said...

Your family is so cute!! And what a good mommy to get your kids involved!! Good luck with your own baby #3. PS How is Jenny--your blog is the first I've heard of her in a while.

Reba said...

very cute!

Debbie said...

very cute! Lucky girl!

Beth said...

i'm not a big fan of borders, but that one is SO CUTE! nice work!

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

I LOVE it! I have a sneeking suspicion that your baby girl will be dressed in frilly pink for the bulk of her young life:)

Mandi said...

Love, love, love it!!

Becky Billings said...

Wow! Great job, Carrie! And how clever of you to recruit Brenna to "help." I'm sure she loved it. I can't to see the room (and the baby) in person.
Becky

Phil said...

Do you hire out?

Jenna said...

It's beautiful! Wow...I am way impressed. You are so creative. I sould talk to you about ideas for my painting projcts comming up this summer. I so wish I had a little girl's room to decorate! I love my boys, of corse, and I'm sure I'll find something cute for their room and school room. We should get together :).

shawnee said...

Wow that's cute!