Monday, August 24, 2009

Either I'm old or totally uncool

So the other day I got a random catalog in the mail. I found myself leafing through every page as I nursed Kaylee. It was hilarious to see the vast assortment of . . . I don't even know what to call it. Junk? Clutter? In this same catalog I could find hair volumizing inserts, a giant cupcake pan, NASCAR collectible crystal cars, lighted garland for your computer monitor, magnetic art for your dishwasher (that covers the whole dishwasher), and plus size fleece coats. Not to mention the Santa's Pants Treat Bags, the attitude onesies that have such revolting phrases as "I'm too sexy for my diaper" and "Does this diaper make my butt look BIG?", and my personal favorite item - the TV Show ALF on DVD. Now here's the worst part of the whole catalog . . . I actually have about a dozen pages ear tagged in it with things I thought I might like. EEEK! Don't worry, I think the things I liked were OK. I think.

On a similar note, this year I turned 28. Matt and family helped create a wonderful birthday with a delicious dinner, cake, treasure hunt, and perfect gifts. I'd had my eye on them for a while and was thrilled to finally get them . . . a new trash can and an entire new set of matching, stackable tupperware. Wow . . . I really am a nerd.

5 comments:

Matt said...

But you are my little nerd. 143

Jenna said...

LOL You totally sound like me. Tupperware, toaster oven, blender... the latest was a glass bread pan. It has to be the suspense that adds appeal. It just goes to show that you have your priorities straight and you're being wise with your purchases. :)

Happy Birthiday! Welcome to 28. It's a pretty good year. :)

p.s. Wasn't "143" pager code for "I love you". I could be way off. Do you guys remember pager code? lol Maybe we are getting old!

Leslie said...

You are just practical. I got a blender for my last birthday and I love it! It is my favorite appliance. I guess that is what happens when you become a responsible mother.

Bryan said...

Hey you know what? Getting new tupperware is more exciting than people think! Organization IS the KEY to a HAPPIER HOME! And, Happy Birthday to YOU! - this is Mary Jane BTW

Wallace Family said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad to hear that someone besides myself wanted a trash can for their birthday. I love my trash can and I use it every day!