Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kaylee LaRue

So, here are a few things I don't want to forget about our 6 week baby girl!
  • She loves the bjorn. And thank goodness . . . she loves to ride on walks, at the mall, or around the house while I vacuum.
  • Her love of the mobile on her changing table. She fusses if the music stops!
  • She is such a tummy girl . . . I felt like such a bad mom letting her sleep on her tummy at first. But my mom reassured me that used to be the norm. And I decided if it adds 45 minutes to every nap that it's worth it!
  • Her strong, strong arms and legs - since birth! She was always working them out by kicking and punching me before she came out, so now they're extremely strong!
  • She's so patient with big bows and big brother.
  • Unlike big brother, Kaylee is not a pacifier kinda girl. She will take one, but definitely prefers her fingers or fist. Unfortunately her lack of coordination can make this a little awkward a times. One time she sucked her little fist until it was all red. What causes the most frustration is when she is trying to suck on her fingers, but then those other fingers scratch up her face! Why can't that little body cooperate yet? She gets so mad.
  • Kaylee is anything BUT ladylike with her bodily functions. She is a noisy, grunty eater and digester through the whole process. She does love a clean diaper though . . . may that last through potty training!
  • She is a SUPER eater. She surpassed her birth weight by 6 oz after only 6 days. That's my girl! We're hoping she doesn't pass Danny . . . he's only gained about 6 oz. in the last year!
  • When she sleeps (which she is steadily improving on) she is a sweet, sweet sleeper.
  • Stay tuned for the next post . . . smile practice!

6 comments:

Cassy said...

My girls are tummy sleepers too. I still feel a little guilty about it on occassion, but it really is better for Kaylyn. I'm glad all is going well for you! She is so cute.

Mindy and Benjamin said...

so cute. did i mention i really think your kids look a lot alike?

Terri said...

She is so sweet! My boys were both tummy sleepers too, and they turned out okay... well sort of!

Mindy said...

For the past few weeks Kaya has insisted on being called Kaylee. When the real Kaylee comes at fair time it's going to get a little confusing around here!

Lyndsay said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!

Kate Chartrand said...

She's adorable! Lily's a tummy sleeper too. I'm glad you mentioned that because it's worried me that she always ends up on her tummy at night.