Thursday, May 05, 2011

Beautiful Blooms


About 45 minutes north of us, there are acres and acres of tulip fields. Despite growing up in the Northwest, I never recall visiting the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. It was incredible!
My friend Rachael and her daughter Anna joined us for the adventure. 45 minute drives are actually quite enjoyable when you have another adult to talk to. And Anna and Kaylee always have fun together.

At the last moment I had the thought to bring an extra change of clothes for Kaylee. It had rained the day before and Rachael, who had already made a visit to the tulip fields, warned me it could be muddy. As mentioned in the previous post, Kaylee is drawn to big mud puddles.
Turns out Anna also likes mud puddles. Danny was able to enjoy the mud puddles by poking sticks in them, tiptoeing through them, and jumping over them.



But Anna & Kaylee were not satisfied unless they were splishing & splashing through every puddle. Rachael and I decided to just let them go for it. We didn't want to battle to keep them out, and the girls were having so much fun. Some people looked at us as though we were crazy. But most smiled & laughed at our muddy girls.



The only crisis was that after several of these . . .

...we discovered there was no running water available for cleaning the girls up. Oops. Luckily a gas station wasn't far and I had heeded the prompting to bring Kaylee an extra set of clothes. I should have brought an extra set for me too! Hooray for a beautifully muddy day!



3 comments:

Rachael said...

I am so glad we did that! What a memorable day, and I KNOW that we all had as much fun as we could. Thanks! I enjoyed being the other adult there with you.

Jenna said...

What a fun adventure! Kaylee is just beautiful. It's so fun to see what kids end up looking like. I love the tulips!

Sean said...

I am so incredibly jealous! Because...

1) Tulips are my favorite flower.
2) I WANT DANNY'S RAIN BOOTS!