Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Happenings from the Hurricane

I was going through my pictures deciding what to blog next and realized I'd missed a few more of our fun hurricane happenings. While I wouldn't wish the hurricane and power outages on anyone, we really enjoyed having a little extra time off and an excuse to take some adventures. Thank you Hurricane Ike for enabling me to see some people and do some things I otherwise would not have done.

When we spent some time in Dallas during Matt's business trip, Danny and I got to explore and play. We ventured to the Dallas Temple - which is beautifully unique.
On another afternoon, after we'd been kicked out of our hotel, but before I was able to get in touch with friends to stay with, Danny and I went and took a nap in our car at the temple. I figured it would be a quiet, safe, peaceful place to take a rest. It certainly was!

We spent one day with my good friend Shawnee and her adorable kids - Adelaide and Clayton. Shawnee and I were buddies in high school and hadn't seen each other in YEARS! Definitely not since either of us had kids. It's so fun to reunite with old friends because it's like you've never been away.

Me and Shawnee
Adelaide, Danny, and their new puppy - Clayton was napping
Dance time!

Unrelated to the visit, I noticed Danny has a pacifier in this picture. I kept planning to get rid of his "paci" in some grand fashion, but in the end, he just lost his last pacifier after returning home from the trip. He had a few hard weeks of staying asleep - he'd wake up too early, but couldn't sooth himself back to sleep. He's doing a lot better now though, for which we're all grateful.

When we were in Georgia, we also got to see my cousins Brian, Jessica, and Jennifer, who I hadn't seen in a long time. We got to take Jennifer out for her birthday. She was kind enough to share her birthday cake with Danny. Thanks!
Hooray for happy happenings during Hurricane evacuations. :)

4 comments:

Matt said...

Wow, you had a lot of fun while I was at work :-). Thanks for posting. Looking for some photos on here of a really cool airport grounds crew worker soon. Love Ya!

Becky said...

I'm glad everything has worked out well for you guys after the hurricane. I need Shawnee's information I would love to get in contact with her! It's fun to see her and her daughter in picture though.
Becky

Amy said...

I'm so jealous you got to see Shawnee! So fun! She's on Facebook you know. Also I just became friends with Jamie Hastings. She lives in Lehi, UT.

Leslie said...

Shawnee! I haven't talked to her in forever. I will have to get her contact info from you. It looks like you had a lot of fun while you were staying safe from the hurricane.