Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Danny the dino polishing his teeth



Our friend Terri's boys had outgrown this adorable dinosaur towel so she passed it along to Danny. I thought it was pretty cute to see the little dino brushing his teeth. Our routine goes something like this - "Do you want to brush with ducks or cars tonight?" And Danny chooses his toothbrush. I don't remember how we ended up with two . . . I think he got one in his stocking. After adding toothpaste I remind Danny, "Mommy's turn." Then we sing the Raffi teeth brushing song. "You brush your teeth, ch ch ch ch, ch ch ch ch . . . " If it's a lucky night Danny opens his mouth wide and lets me brush. If it's a more typical night he opens momentarily and then clamps shut. So then I model the tooth brushing and usually he opens wide after that. After a quick brushing then I say, "OK. Danny's turn." And he puts his toothbrush under the faucet and then brushes himself. Usually his "brushing" consists of sucking the water off the toothbrush and then trying to get me to turn the faucet on for more water. And then our toothbrushing is done.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Yeah! Dino Towel! I'm so happy.

Mindy said...

Poor Kaya. Danny has a much nicer mom. I just pry Kaya's mouth open every night and brush while she yells. I don't mind her yelling because it makes her open her mouth wider.