Monday, May 26, 2008

Go Spurs Go



Back in 2003 Matt and I were dating pretty seriously during the NBA playoffs. We had made a day trip to San Antonio previously to watch a Spurs game and then watched many of the playoff games on TV. When they won the Championship that year, it was clearly a sign that our relationship had good things in store. :) We made a trip to San Antonio to watch the Championship boat parade. Do we look 5 years younger in that picture?


Since then, Spurs have won in 2005 & 2007. Matt and I think it's time they had back-to-back championships. Game 5 for the Spurs/Lakers series is Thursday night. Spurs are 3-1, so I'm hoping this special blog will help them get out of the hole their in - GO SPURS! During the last series against the New Orleans Hornets, Matt and I were able to get some reasonably priced tickets to game 6. We quickly made arrangements for Danny (thanks sis!), Matt took a day off work, and we drove out to San Antonio. We got there in time for the pre-game festivities - face painting, climbing wall, poster designing. Matt was a little bummed to find out the game would be on ESPN2, not TNT as he had originally been informed. His poster was still cool. Though I admit I'm a Spurs fan by marriage, I get pretty excited about the games. Matt seemed impressed that I was able to name almost the whole roster. The game was fantastic - cheer sticks, great seats, super nachos, AND a double digit lead most of the game. Just the way we like it. Spurs won 99 - 80. If you don't have a team left in the playoffs (sorry Jazz and Rockets) then you should really jump on the Spurs bandwagon. GO SPURS GO!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You look exactly the same age. Go Spurs!

LaRue said...

Oh come on! You guys havn't known each other for 5 years!!!!! Go Spurs! The game is on my birthday, so that is a good omen, if turning 60 can be constued as any think good! Love, Mom Hong
By the way Danny can set my table any time he wants.